NABERS rating improvements
part of the Energy Security Safeguard
Are you getting a NABERS energy rating for a building in NSW? You may be eligible for a financial incentive.
What’s on offer?
The NSW Government has a scheme that provides incentives for businesses to reduce their energy use. The incentives are available for office buildings that expect to get a NABERS energy rating of:
- at least 0.5 star higher than that of average office building stock, or
- at least 0.5 star higher than the building’s historical NABERS energy rating.
Incentives are site specific and depend on:
- the size of your building
- your NABERS star rating.
How does it work?
Before getting your NABERS energy rating, contact an approved supplier. They will:
- explain the process
- get you the incentive.
Approved suppliers may be a different business to your NABERS accredited assessor. If so, make sure you work with both to get your incentive and NABERS rating.
Use the NABERS ESC Estimator
The NABERS ESC Estimator will help you understand if your building is eligible, and give an estimate for how many ESCs you can potentially generate by improving your building’s efficiency.
How much will I receive?
Different approved suppliers may offer different deals.
Check to see if there is an approved supplier in your region:
By using the regional approved supplier lookup below you are agreeing to the terms of service.
Approved suppliers are known as Accredited Certificate Providers (ACPs). Information about ACPs is provided for general information only. The Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunal (IPART) is the Energy Savings Scheme Administrator and Regulator and is responsible for accreditation, auditing and compliance of ACPs. Before proceeding with engaging an ACP a customer should review up to date information available on the IPART website.
By accessing and using information about ACPs available on this website, the customer acknowledges and agrees:
- the NSW Department of Planning, Industry and Environment (DPIE) does not have any legal liability whatsoever connected to the deliverables associated with this program, including any issues arising from interactions with ACPs and technology installations
- to discharge DPIE from all actions, proceedings, claims, demands, costs, losses, damages, and expenses the customer may potentially incur through this program or arising from the use of this information for any other purpose.
Metropolitan SydneyThere are 2 approved suppliers
How will this help my business?
A higher NABERS energy rating may help you:
- reduce operating costs
- increase market value and rental income
- reduce vacancy rates
- reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Contact an approved supplier directly.
The incentives are created through the NSW Energy Savings Scheme (ESS).